Your key to Comfort, Safety, and Independent Living
It doesn't matter if you are young or old, short or tall, healthy or ill, have a disability or are an athlete. Everyone, whether you are making changes to your existing home or are building a new one, can benefit by incorporating universal design features into their home.
1. Easy Access- A step-free entrance into the central living area of the home from a driveway, sidewalk, or firm route into the main floor.
2. Easy Passage- Ample room to pass through doorways on the main floor.
3. Easy Use- A bedroom, kitchen, entertainment area, and a full bathroom with sufficient maneuvering space for a wheelchair, all located on the main floor accessible via the step-free entrance.
Universal Design Products:
- Floors and bathtubs with non-slip surfaces provide stability while bathing.
- Hand rails on steps and grab bars in bathrooms.
- Good lighting helps people with poor vision. Check out full-spectrum bulbs that simulate daylight.
- Lever door handles and rocker light switches are great for people with poor hand strength.